2021 Bible Reading Plan
[View the 2021 plan](https://www.corouniting.org/d/OYoKdcQ1exlgcMk9fozppIeRl)
[Read more here](https://www.corouniting.org/resources/2021-bible-reading-plan) to find out all the details, and suggestions for how you might take part in this on your own, or with others.
As of Tuesday 1 December, all people entering the church premises (including staff) must check-in for official COVID-19 contact tracing purposes using the new [COVID-SAfe Check-In](https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/covid-safe-check-in) process. This can be done in one of two ways...
- By using a QR scanner app, phone camera (if you have an Apple device) or the newly updated mySA GOV app (no need to log in) to scan our church's unique QR code (displayed by each door at the church) and then follow the simple instructions to check-in.
- If you don't have a smartphone, are experiencing technical difficulties by using the [paper recording forms](https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/209594/Contact-Tracing-Record-Attendance-at-public-activities.pdf) that will be available.
Changes from before:
- You must check-in each time you enter the premises (even if multiple times each day)
- Children who are with their parents/carers do not need to check-in
- You no longer need to sign-out when you leave the premises
For further information, please check the [SA Government COVID-SAfe Check-In page](https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/covid-safe-check-in) or the FAQs [here](https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/329413/20201211-COVID-SAfe-Check-In-FAQs-for-Individuals_FINAL.pdf).
Our YouTube channel is a one-stop-shop for all our worship services, kids sessions (during COVID-19 restrictions) and church video updates.
New videos will appear here as they are uploaded. [Subscribe to the channel](https://www.youtube.com/corouniting?sub_confirmation=1) to be notified of any new content.
Current playlists (groupings of videos) include:
- CoroUniting Sunday worship - weekly worship services
- Kids @ home - weekly Kindy Kids and KBG sessions during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- mainly music @ home - weekly mainly music session during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- Community @ Coro - excerpts from the online worship services during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jun 2020)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates - updates from leadership during COVID-19 restrictions (Mar-Jul 2020)
- Kids Holiday Clubs - videos from our Kids Holiday Clubs
- Leadership updates (incl. Elders Elections) - miscellaneous leadership updates
- Pastoral Care and Mental Health - Rev Mark Boyce's 2016 series
If you are unable to join us in person, we would love for you to join our live stream (10am Sunday mornings) or watch later on our various platforms.
Engage with others and our online service host as you stream our worship service live at [corouniting.online.church](https://corouniting.online.church/):
- full chat functionality moderated by our service host
- request online prayer
- give online
- engage with various menus and chat prompts
Couldn't make the live stream? No worries - watch later on our various platforms once the video has been uploaded (a short while after the service):
- on our [Service Recordings](https://www.corouniting.org/messages-online-worship-services) web/app page (options for both video and audio-only)
- on our [YouTube channel](https://www.youtube.com/corouniting?sub_confirmation=1) ([CoroUniting Sunday worship](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6sozKYbZDfpsR3SqiUsV86Kg17Q2-VtS) playlist)
Redde allows people to easily and quickly make a gift or donation (or pay for an event, eg. church camp, mainly music) from within our web/app or from any browser session.
We acknowledge that giving cash or via envelopes is not always possible. This is a simple alternative and may also suit those with casual work better than setting up a regular amount via EFT.
You will need your credit/debit card and mobile phone (to receive a verification code). This Online Giving platform can be found at [corouniting.org/give](https://www.corouniting.org/give) and on our app via the 'Give' menu option.
The Church Office hours have recently changed and effective immediately the Church Office will no longer be open on Fridays, however will be open on Mondays instead.
The new hours are:
- 10am-1pm Monday-Thursday
with staff and others in at other times as well.
[Sue Laycock](https://www.corouniting.org/team/sue-laycock), our Office Manager, will now be in the office Monday to Thursday and no longer on Fridays.
It's not every day we receive an email with a subject line heralding such significance, but after some heavy weeks for many local schools losing government funding for PCWs, this email came through from [SMG](http://www.smg.asn.au)late this week:
Dear Support Group members and local churches, A great announcement from Michael Chant (CEO) to our partners in school ministry:“Today we received a phone call from the Minister for Education John Gardner informing us of the very exciting news that the Marshall Liberal Government will, for the first time, provide state funding towards the National School Chaplaincy Program inSouth Australian public schools. This has the effect of reversing its earlier decision to remove chaplaincy funding from many SA schools, and provides funding to those schools for the next 3 years. We are in the process of working through the consequences of this news at this late time of year and we want to assure you that we are working hard to maximise the benefit of this to the schools in your area. Please be patient with us as we contact all the stakeholders. Praise the Lord!”This is historic news as this is the first time that the State Government has provided partner funding to supplement the NSCP (National Schools Chaplaincy Programme). A significant catalyst to this wonderful outcome is the passionate voices of support from schools, parents and churches. So thank you for speaking up!If you or those you care about are directly affected and benefited by this news be assured all questions and negotiations will be attended to throughout January 2020 as we correspond with the Department for Education, Schools and Support Groups.“Pastoral care workers are valuable members of our school communities, and play an important role in supporting the wellbeing of children and young people.” Minister for Education John Gardner, Dec 2019.Once again, thank you so much for all you do to support the work of Pastoral Care Workers in your community. Kind Regards, [Lorraine Poole](mailto:Lorraine@smg.asn.au)Chaplaincy Services Administrator Schools Ministry Group
Praise the Lord indeed!!
If you'd like to know more about our local PCWs, and the main reasons that students access support from their chaplains, have a look at this really interesting [flyer](https://www.corouniting.org/d/d7rHXg9BEDlrqC3Ze08A6pDeQ)that SMG recently published highlighting their incredible role in school communities!
Communications Team for 2020
We’re moving to a monthly newssheet in the New Year with the view to a team taking on various avenues of communication in 2020.
This part of our church life is a space for fresh input, and an opportunity for a group of folk with complementary skills to use their creativity to serve in vibrant new ways among us!
Do you—or someone you know– have one or more of these skills:
- a way with words
- managing websites and using CMS
- enjoy graphic design
- engaging with social media
- enjoy connecting with a variety of people
- want to learn some or any of the above?
We’re looking at training and equipping people to take on these roles, so if you’re a keen learner but lacking in experience this is a great opportunity to add some new tools to your belt (and your resume!).
Please chat to [Simon](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), [David](mailto:email@example.com) or [Nicole](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). We’re excited about where this is heading and look forward to hearing from you!