How do we teach the joy of giving in a cultures that says having more stuff is what makes us happy?
This [World Vision article](https://www.worldvision.org/christian-faith-news-stories/top-5-ways-raise-generous-child-age) provides some helpful ideas and suggestions for children in the below age brackets:
- pre-schoolers (ages 3-5)
- school-age children (ages 5-11)
- teenagers (ages 12-19)
There are also additional helpful articles linked from this article including:
- [What does the Bible say about generosity?](https://www.worldvision.org/christian-faith-news-stories/what-the-bible-says-about-generosity) (World Vision article)
- [5 things that happen to your body when you’re generous and give](https://www.worldvision.org/charitable-giving-news-stories/5-things-happen-body-give) (World Vision article)
- [What Generosity Does to Your Brain and Life Expectancy](https://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-wellness/articles/2015/05/01/what-generosity-does-to-your-brain-and-life-expectancy) (US News - Health)
Halloween: Good or Bad?
Halloween can sometimes cause confusion amongst Christians - is it something to avoid or is it not really all that bad? Hopefully these resources will be helpful for you as you think about your own approach with your children.
Halloween Information Sheet (Grow Ministries) - check out [this article](https://www.corouniting.org/d/3d20e9Brp45vBns2wXo8h0pit) for a brief summary of Halloween including:
- The link with All Hallows/Saints Day
- Why some people dress up as ghouls etc.
Halloween: FAQs (Scripture Union) - check out [this article](https://content.scriptureunion.org.uk/story/halloween-faqs) for answers to the following questions:
- Where did Halloween come from?
- Should I be concerned that Halloween means children are getting involved with occult practices?
- My child want to celebrate Halloween with their non-Christian friends. What should I do?
- How can I show God's love this Halloween?
Trick or Treat? Side by Side with God in Everyday Life - Halloween Special (Barnabas in Churches) - if you're after something to step you through thinking about Halloween and how to respond as Christians, then check out [this article](https://www.barnabasinchurches.org.uk/pdfs/sidebysidewithgod_halloweenspecial.pdf). It includes:
- Notes for adults
- Bible passages
- Wondering questions
- Things to chat together about
Redeeming Halloween: How Should Christians Approach Halloween? (intoxicatedonlife.com) - [this article](https://www.intoxicatedonlife.com/redeeming-halloween) explores whether there is a middle ground in the approach to Halloween using three options: receive, reject or redeem. It settles on redeeming the festival and covers areas such as:
- A brief history of Halloween
- Caveats to redeeming Halloween
- What does redeeming Halloween look like?